The new GiD16.1.3d developer version has been released and is ready to download from our webpage.
Check what’s new in this version:
- Windows, try to allow models with long filenames (>260 MAX_PATH characters)
- New GiD variable ApplyTransformationsToEntitiesMeshes to enable/disable automatically do on the mesh the action done in its geometry (move, delete, change layers, groups, etc.)
- Sphere mesher ‘Granular’ run in parallel
- IFC import/export updated to IFC4x3 standard version
- Vtk import fixed bug reading multiple files with multiple kind of elements and results on elements.
- ACIS .sat import enhanced supporting much more entities
- ACIS .sab binary implemented preliminarily
- DXF import allow .sab volumes encoded
- Vtk import corrected error which caused in some cases to create too many points.
- GiD_Geometry, GiD_Mesh and GiD_Dimension list new flag -avoid_frozen_layers to list only entities of layers unfrozen
- GiD_Project db save|read mesh|mesh_groups|mesh_local_axes|mesh_conditions|geometry|geometry_groups|geometry_local_axes|geometry_conditions|materials|conditions|units|render|embedded_distances <filename> (special command to read/save some files of the model database, must be used carefully and in the correct state and order)
- GiD_Project set last_general_mesh_size <size>
- GiD_Project set changes_dataset <dataset> ?<0|1>?
- new event GiD_Event_AfterReadGIDProjectWithError which will be called when errors appear while reading a GiD project ( event GiD_Event_AfterReadGIDProject was not called in these cases )
- new subcommand to get higherentity: GiD_Geometry get point|line|surface <id> higherentity and GiD_Mesh get node <id> higherentity
- CustomLib value items allow new attribute validate_exprto validate it with an arbitrary valid Tcl expr.
- CustomLib value items allow new attribute format_commandto format the value with a Tcl procedure.
- CustomLib value items allow new attribute units_state.